Business Photography Course
Your brand WILL stand out when you ditch stock photos and use your own
- Create a strong, unique look for your brand
- Learn how to take corporate headshots or ecommerce product photos
- Be guided by a professional photographer who’s also a business owner
Business photography course overview
Is your budget too tight for a photographer?
Does your business need new corporate headshots or product photography?
Want to take photos wherever you like, whenever it suits you?
Are you sick of using the same, tired old stock photos your competitors use?
Well this short, yet informative 4-week photography course is for you. It’s a photography course for beginners - with an emphasis on getting photos for your business.
In this short course, you’ll learn how to look for light. Set up photos including backgrounds and poses. And confidently capture the photos you need to present a professional, unique, consistent image for your business.
This digital photography class is held online and offline - the practical component will help you get professional business headshots or product photos for your website and social media.
Who this course is for
This course is for you if you:
- Are a business owner or an employee responsible for business photos
- Want to learn the must-use techniques behind great business photography
- Have a little photography experience - it’s ok if you don’t have formal photography experience
- Would like to apply your skills during the course to take the specific business photos needed
Who this course is not for
This course is NOT for you if you:
- Are not responsible for photos in a business
- Are not willing to do the homework to practice your skills
What do you need
- A digital SLR
What you’ll get
You’ll enjoy learning with a small group keen to improve their business photography skills too.
- Course guide before each session to follow along and make notes
- Practical homework task after each lesson to build your collection throughout the course
- 30 min 1:1 chat at the end of the program
- Guidance and feedback from a professional photographer skilled at taking business headshots, social media photos, product photos, and more
- An easy-to-follow program that gradually builds your skills each week
- Learn how to use a digital SLR and your phone camera to take business photos
Learning mode and location
Theory: Online on zoom: Each session runs for 90-minutes using slides and live guided instruction with Q&As at the end.
Practical: You do in your own time and where you can. At work, home, or outside.
- Ideal times of the day to get great photos
- 4 Main sources of lighting and how to use each best
- Equipment essentials and where to buy them
- What is diffused and hard light? How to work with both
- Light direction: considerations
- What is composition?
- The number one thing to think about before taking a shot
- How to check your background for ‘junk’
- A simple technique to transform an ordinary photo into an amazing photo
- The rule of thirds and why it matters
- Depth of field: what it is and examples
- Leading lines, rule of odds, fill the frame and negative space, and colour combinations
- How to get the most flattering shot: posing rules, light, composition, create a connection between the people being photographed
- The best positions: for body, hair, chins, shoulders, noses, and more
- How to make your subjects feel comfortable while you set up the shot
- Learn which poses suit individuals and which poses suit groups
Also: How to harness the power of triangles for better photos and plane of field.
Introduction to editing
- Basic techniques to edit on your phone and computer
- Easy-to-use photo editing apps to create impact
- Use this simple labelling method to quickly locate photos
- The Kelvin scale: introduction to colour temperature and the ideal range for photos
- Cropping: examples of how cropping can transform the look of a photo
- Contrast: a simple way to adjust contrast
- Ways to use monochrome for greater impact
You’ll get 1 practical session to put all you’ve learned into practice. Kristie will give you constructive and kind personal feedback on a selection of your business photos. You’ll also hear feedback about other participant photos.
About your business photography instructor: Kristie Dutson
Kristie has been a photographer for more than a decade. Her past careers as a registered nurse and midwife have given her a knack for calming anyone - even the most camera-shy person. She can bring the human element into professional photos in a way that will deepen the bond with your customers and prospects.
Kristie always feels honoured to be trusted to capture a business in a meaningful way.
She focuses on setting up scenes that represent people and businesses in a way that’s meaningful, for instance, a photo of a team member fully absorbed in helping a customer. Finding the best angles for your team headshots. And transforming a product shot from bland to brilliant.
Kristie is experienced at bringing business branding to life with dynamic and impactful imagery. She’s excited for you to create photos that stand out and truly represent your business during this course.
A tax-deductible receipt will be included.
We take all major credit cards.
This course is run online, so you can join no matter where you work. We have had participants from all over Victoria, especially the western suburbs of Melbourne, where we are based:
- Bacchus Marsh
- Hoppers Crossing
- Point Cook
- Wyndham Vale
Business photography course
- Enjoy an easy-to-follow course that’s fun and simple to understand
- Practical tasks to hone your skills and get your business photos shot during the course
- Join as a team for a course tailored to your business
We at Wyndham Cache looked at our social media vs others and found out photos were not competing at the same level as similar businesses but acknowledged the impracticability and economic implication to have a professional photographer in every time there’s a menu change or major strategy we wanted to run.
Kristie from Inspired Portraits provided the solution...Her program allowed us to work on the theory behind taking pictures along with homework where she critiqued our lesson from the previous week. My favourite part of the course was the practical session...I took 50+ photos which I now use for facebook, instagram and even our website. I highly recommend Kristie and the program as it is practical, easy to follow and invaluable to your social media strategy.
Renay Ahmed, Wyndham Cache
I just had our entire firm's staff photo's re-done by Kristie and she was fantastic. She set the staff at ease and the whole process was very quick and painless. The results were first class.
Kristie and her Inspired Photography team are amazing. We won'twont go anywhere else. I use them for my business headshots as well as our family portraits. We have some truly beautiful shots that will be treasured into the future!
Kristie was amazing with my headshots thanks so much
What an incredible session I had with Kristie. I was absolutely blown away with the quality of her work and how she was able to capture the essence of my brand. Her capability to create the perfect shot is unbelievable and I loved the experience. I wish I could give her 10 stars.